Tia Chase joins the Cotton team with over 12 years of experience in Environmental Health and Safety. Chase brings the first-hand experience in oil, gas, electrical, and general industrial safety to the Cotton Companies. Having worked in Colorado, Pennsylvania, North Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, and Texas, Chase has an unparalleled understanding of local, state, and federal health, safety, and environmental regulations. Chase supports Cotton’s overall business lines in the West Texas region with a primary focus on Logistics and Culinary operations.
Chase is passionate about providing top-notch training to her teams to assure everyone goes home safely. As a result, she has become an instructor for numerous safety programs including:
• Certified as an OSHA outreach trainer in construction and general industry
• PEC Core and Basic courses Instructor
• American Heart and Red Cross CPR, First Aid and AED instructor
• Smith’s System Driving Instructor
• Ives trainer for aerial lifts, forklifts, scissor lifts, skid steers, and backhoes
• Tap Root incident investigation certified
• NCCER Core Curriculum and Electrical Courses Instructor for the Associated Builders and Contractors
Chase holds Associates Degrees in both Electronics as well as Occupational Safety and Health. She has also completed a four-year electrical program through the NCCER earning certification as a Journeyman Electrician. Chase is currently enrolled at Colorado State University from where she will earn a Bachelor degree in Occupational Safety and Health in the summer of 2018.
When not at work, Chase resides in West Texas with her husband and son Jeremiah. She enjoys spending time with her four children and eight grandchildren.